Boris Afanasyevich GRIGORYEV, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, professor, doctor of engineering, honoured master of science and engineering, honorary power engineer of Russian Federation , was born in Baku in 1941; in 1963 graduated from the oil-mechanic department of Groznyy Oil Institute named after M.D. Millionshchikov (specialization: machinery and apparatus for chemical production).
The main landmarks of labor activity
- 1963–1992 – engineer, post graduate student, assistant lecturer, assistant professor, professor, head of a chair, first pro-rector, acting rector of Groznyy Oil Institute named after M.D. Millionshchikov. For pedagoguism merits was awarded to the honorary titles of “Honoured master of science and engineering of the Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic” (1982), “Honoured master of science and engineering of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic” (1990).
- 1992–1994 – deputy director of the Scientific Center for Thermohydrodynamics and Stratum Physics in the VNIIGAZ LLC.
- 1994–2001 – consultant, head of the Center for President Programs at the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, deputy head of the Department for the Central Region at the Presidential Main Territorial Directorate (was current with the Presidential Council for Scientific and Technical Policy, universities, the Russian Academy of Sciences, the bodies of the fuel and energy complex of Russian Federation); directly participated in development of the following national programs: “National technological base”, “Integration of the fundamental science and the higher school”, “Gas supply in Russia”, “Roads of Russia”, “Development of the Far East and the Transbaikalia” etc. In 1999–2001 within the Presidential Main Territorial Directorate was current with interaction between the Presidential Administration and Moscow City together with Moscow Region.
- 2001–2003 – deputy governor of Tula Region – head of the Tula Region Representative office in of the Government of the Russian Federation.
- 2003–2008 – adviser of the governor of Moscow Region, minister of the Government of Moscow Region – permanent representative of the governor of Moscow Region in the Moscow Region Duma, head of the Representative office of the Government of Moscow Region in the Government of the Russian Federation.
- 2008–2010 – adviser of the general director of the Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC.
- since 2010 – research manager of the Corporate Center for exploration of bedded systems (core and fluids) at the Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC.
- 1967–1992 – head of the USSR Minneftekhimprom Sectorial Laboratory for Thermal Physics at Groznyy Oil Institute named after M.D. Millionshchikov.
- 1995–1996 – director of the Gazprom OJSC Educational Center.
- 1997–2002 – head of the Chair for Theoretical Basics of Heat Engineering at Moscow Power Engineering Institute (technical university).
- since 1996 – chief research associate at the Institute of oil and gas problems (IPNG) of RAS.
- since 2010 – head of the Chair for research of the oil-gas bedded systems of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (national research university).
Main scientific achievements
B.A. Grigoriyev is a prominent scientist dealing with thermal physical properties of complex multi-component systems, working media and energy carriers, he is an author of more than 300 scientific papers, 8 monographies, 1 textbook and 4 manuals.
In 1969–1992, unique research of thermal physical properties of main oil hydrocarbons in liquid and vapor phases were carried out within Groznyy Oil Institute with participation and under guidance of B. Grigoriyev, including: the lines of phase transfers and a critical area; more than 500 samples of oils from different fields in the USSR and products of their processing, such as motor, aviation and transformer oils and fuels. According to the results of this studies the USSR Gosstandart certified few reference procedures for calculation of properties of oils and oil products, standard reference data on thermodynamic properties of hydrocarbons and fractions of typical oils were recommended (see a monography “Thermal physical properties of oil, oil products, gas condensates and their fractions” [Teplofizicheskiye svoystva nefti, nefteproduktov, gazovykh kondensatov i ikh fraktsiy], 1999).
The research works carried out under the direction of B.A. Grigoryev resulted in data on density and thermal conductivity of common and heavy water, promising energy carriers (namely: sulphur hexafluoride, hydrocarbons, fuels, oils), and aqueous solutions of salts of rare-earth and alkaline elements gotten in wide ranges of temperatures and pressures. These data were applied for elaboration of international standards of the named properties (1974–1999), for charting tables of reference data, special commutating equipment, powerful autotransformers, catalysts etc. (see the reference book “Thermal physical properties of water and water vapor” [Teplofizicheskiye svoystva vody i vodyanogo para], 1999).
Concerning improvement of oil and gas recovery, B.A. Grigoryev with colleagues have carried out works on calculation of phase equilibria in natural hydrocarbon systems, determination of thermodynamic properties of fluids in the supercritical conditions, thermal physical provision of supercritical technologies, formulation of fundamental principles for creation of new technologies for development of hydrocarbon fields (see a monography “Thermal physical properties and phase equilibria of gas condensates and their fractions” [Teplofizicheskiye svoystva i fazovyy ravnovesiya gazovykh kondensatov i ikh fraktsiy], 2007).
Las years B.A. Grigoryev actively develops the research trends of the Corporate Center for exploration of bedded systems (core and fluids) at the Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC, organizes in the Gazprom PJSC the systematic work with core material and samples of bedded fluids, orchestrates educational process at the basic chair of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (national research university), which is accommodated in the Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC.
International scientific activity
B.A. Grigoryev permanently keeps in touch with researches from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Japan and other countries; he has repeatedly represented domestic scientific school of thermal physics at international conferences held in Russia, Great Britain Canada, Germany, Austria, Czechia, etc. In 1982–1983 and in 1985 he worked in Technical University of Munich, in 1988–1989, – in Maryland University; also he reported and lectured in a number of foreign universities and research companies.
|Russian Index of Scientific Citation at 31.12.2020
||Scopus at 31.12.2020
||WoS at 31.12.2020
- Has prepared 5 doctors and 30 candidates of engineering.
- One of the founders of a scientific school “Theoretical and experimental methods for studying thermal physical properties of working media and materials” in Moscow Power Engineering Institute (technical university). An author the “Heat-mass transfer” manuals (2001, 2005, 2007) and the textbook of the same name (2011), few reference books.
State and governmental awards
- Prize of the Council of Ministers of the USSR (1987)
- State Prize (1996) for participation in development of theoretical and applied methods aimed at determination of thermal physical properties of gases and liquids used in power and other branches of engineering.
- Prize of the Government of the Russian Federation in the field of Science and Technics (2003) for participation in formulation of scientific principles and industrial implementation of the new-generation informational technologies aimed at control of the oil-gas-condensate fields development.
- Prize of the Government of the Russian Federation in the field of Science and Technics (2009) for participation in development and industrial implementation of an automated system providing safety of gas transport facilities.
- Prize of the Government of the Russian Federation in the field of Education (2010) for the complex of the textbooks, manuals and educational methods named “Theoretical principles of heat engineering”.
An expert of the Power Engineering Committee of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, a member of the National Committee on thermal-physical properties of matters of Russian Academy of Sciences, a member of the National Committee on properties of water and water vapor, a member of the Russian Committee on numerical data for science and technics of the Russian Academy of Sciences Presidium, etc.
Class 3 Active State Advisor of the Russian Federation.